Cover of The Birth of Super Crip Visit the home page of The Birth of Super Crip to read Chapter 1
of the novel, find reviews and links to media coverage, and more.

Get the book on Amazon and SmashWords!
(Also available on other sites.)


The Best of the Blog
If you have read any of my work, I hope you have read these posts!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Feedback on I’m Not Here to Inspire You

          Here are a few comments from readers of Im Not Here to Inspire You:


At times you say things I do not want to hear but need to. Other times you say things I wish I could say but I need to keep my job.” -Special Education teacher.

 read your book last night, all in one sitting. I could not put it down. And I am passing it on to my daughter and others now. Congrats on a great collection of essays. I hope lots and lots of people all over the country/world get to read it!” -Lisa.

I just finished your book. It is awesome. . . . Thanks for a great read. [My brother, Pat] is my hero not because hes in a wheelchair, but because he had/has the [guts] to follow his dream and challenge his limitations, which . . . are severe.  Your book hit home in that Pat has faced the same issues as the cute crippled kid. -Dan.

So many wonderful words of wisdom that anyone can take away from reading it! My daughter is reading it now, and my son will be next. I think that your essays show the value of pushing yourself to the limit, even when you may not want to, the need to observe the small lessons in life now because later they may become bigger ones, but most of all to be the best person you can be, not letting your circumstances define who you are, but overcoming them. These are all lessons we have been trying to teach our children. Your words, eloquently written, will have an impact on them.” -Machelle, via private message on Facebook. (Used with her permission.)

[The book is] tough, aggressive, defiant, even belligerent. It is not the usual, predictable stuff at all; the title alone tells you that. -Maxwell King, former editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer.

If youre disabled, its the sort of book to buy, read, and pass along to the important people in your life. One caution: ask for [its] return; its the sort of book worth keeping as a reference. -Gary Presley, National Book Critics Circle member.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...