Cover of The Birth of Super Crip Visit the home page of The Birth of Super Crip to read Chapter 1
of the novel, find reviews and links to media coverage, and more.

Get the book on Amazon and SmashWords!
(Also available on other sites.)


The Best of the Blog
If you have read any of my work, I hope you have read these posts!

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Received an e-mail this week from a young man living with cerebral palsy after he learned of my book from “Able Newspaper.”

He was seeking advice on publishing his first book—after he writes it. Being in the role of offering advice was quite interesting and a little intimidating. (My response was to suggest he seek out some writing courses in high school and college. Hope I steered him in the right direction.) I published I’m Not Here to Inspire You with young people with disabilities in mind, and I hope more of them check it out. Lately, I see more and more evidence of people with disabilities communicating with each other on social media discussing our issues, working together, etc., and I think it’s a great step for all of us. I look forward to reading this e-mailer’s book someday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...