Books by Rob J. Quinn
Cover for Reach Past Your Limits Cover of The Birth of Super Crip Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Video Podcast Transcript

Hi, I’m Rob J. Quinn and I recently published my first novel, The Birth of Super Crip. With social media being all about podcast and YouTube these days I decided to try one about the book. I actually decided to do it because of a guy named Jon Marks of 97.5 FM here in Philadelphia. I had sent out an e-mail with a link to a Delaware County Times article about myself and the book. Jon is a sports talk guy I just happen to e-mail once in a while; I don’t call in because of my speech. And he e-mailed back pretty quickly and said, how about a podcast. I kind of hesitated because of my speech, and by the time I was ready to do it, he’s been busy so we haven’t worked it out yet. I was kind of mad at myself for hesitating because I really need to do whatever I can to promote the book. I really worked hard on it and I did all the production work. This is the cover, which I’m pretty proud of, but it was tough. I’m not very artistic. So anyway I’m still hoping to do the podcast but I decided to do this video, basically doing a podcast by myself about the book. So anyway the novel is about Red O’Ryan, a high school kid who happens to have cerebral palsy. I don’t know where I came up with that. I think the best way to tell you about it is to tell you how it opens. Red is basically confronted by a bully. It’s something that happens every day, and Red basically gets tired of it. So he goes to push the bully, and he gets very lightheaded. And when his head clears, the bully is on the ground, and everybody is sort of congratulating Red. But he doesn’t really know why, or how he did it, or anything like that. The story kind of goes from there, where Red is sort of discovering this extraordinary new ability that he has, trying to figure out where it comes from, and of course he does what any kid would do and starts to have some fun with it. Of course a story develops into a climax. My hope is this is an entertaining book for anybody, whether they are disabled or able-bodied. It’s young adult and up. I would say about 8th grade and up. But I think adults will like it too, I hope. It’s not a message book or specifically about disability. I hope there’s a real story behind it. It’s also short and very easy to read, I hope. Believe me, I’m no Shakespeare. And within the story I hope you get a real picture of a kid with a disability. I feel there’s so much out there, that when people with disabilities are portrayed, it’s about overcoming, or inspirational stuff. I hope this is just a good story. So anyway I hope you check it out. It’s available on Amazon and other websites. Also you can get it on e-book, as an e-book. Check out http://robjquinn.blogspot.com [Note: my site is now robjquinn.com] for more information and links to the book. Again I want to thank Jon for putting this idea in my head. I still want to meet you and do the podcast. And finally let me know what you all think of this video in the comments section. Possibly I’ll do another one if it goes well. I was thinking if anyone had any questions about the book, if you read the book or if you haven’t read the book. Obviously, nothing that gives the book away. But if you do leave them in the comments on Facebook or maybe YouTube or you can tweet me. And if I do another video I’ll answer your questions. Thanks a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullies in the Mainstream

Bullies in the Mainstream (Part II)

Fall 2023 in Pictures